My name is Vincent Tang. By day I do marketing, IT, and sales for a small company specializing in industrial equipment. By night I spend my time doing web development and studying computer science.
I use this website to share things I learn. These topics are the following:
- How I set up [______] software to GTD (Get Things Done)
- Reflecting on things learned from work/side projects
- Documentaries / Stories
I believe it is important to blog about something. It doesn’t really matter what the topic is. Writing these posts captures a state of mind that you can later revisit. It helps cement things you’ve learned and helps you show a sense of progress.
What I am up to now – edited 9/8/18
What I am learning now
- React Development by Andrew Mead- 7/7/18
- Ruby on Rails Development by Jordan Hudgens – 9/2/18
Python Backend Development 7/7/18Not bothering for now
- NAND2tetris – July 7 2018 (on hold)
- Algorithms Sedgewick – started July 7th 2018 (on hold)
What I am physically building now
- Developing a full e-commerce site for work – started April,17 2018, fullsite done, adding data / templating
- Attempting to build a notetaking app – started July 7 2018, ideas on paper/UX mostly done.
What I am trying to improve on last edited April 17, 2018
- Clear concise writing
- Losing weight so I can bulk up later
Things on a slow ongoing basis
What I’m learning slowly last edited April,17 2018
- Discrete math and Linear Algebra
- Data structures and algorithms
- Finishing freecodecamp’s frontend developer curriculum (95% done)
- Design patterns and clean code conventions
I publish articles elsewhere on occasion.
How I take my notes through freecodecamp
Image Export Workflow to google spreadsheets
Open Source Contributions
I give back to the open source community that develops software that I rely on. Here are some of my contributions
You can reach me with the contact page form below, or at my email: kagerjay.blog (at) gmail.com